THE NEW KALE CHIPS - BRUSSEL SPROUT CHIPS

http://oilandblue.blogspot.com/2013/12/these-are-so-much-better-than-kale-chips.html




These are so much better than kale chips.  Oh my.  There aren't very many in the picture because I couldn't stop eating them!  I made mine with garlic and a secret, super-tasty ingredient.  But I will tell you what it is because no one else gets to eat these and ask what the secret ingredient is because I always eat them all myself.

It's toasted Walnut Oil, and it makes these taste like crunchy, salty heaven.

Time: 5 mins. prep., 10 mins. bake
Makes: as many as you want
YOU WILL NEED:

fresh brussel sprouts
oil (I used walnut)
salt (I like Lawry's)
chopped garlic (optional)

Rinse the brussel sprouts and cop off the woody ends.  Peel off the layers of leaves and spread them on a baking sheet.  Drizzle them with the oil of your choice and sprinkle them with some salt and scatter the garlic around them.

Bake at 350 for 10 minutes, or until the edges start to brown a bit.  The secret to getting crisp chips is to spread the leaves out so that they don't touch.  That way you'll be roasting and toasting instead of steaming them.


Make extra.  You'll eat them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment