THRIFT STORE SCORE - REGENCY MIRROR


Hollywood Regency Round Mirror
$5.00

This is one of my favorite finds.  Not just because its beautiful plaster on wood design is simple enough to please my architect husband but pretty enough that it belongs in our 100 year old house, but because it was one of the things that we found while we were honeymooning.  Yes, we're old people and love to "just drive around" and go antiqueing instead of to the Bahamas or wherever people our age go on vacations.  So, every time that I look at this beauty, I think of our little road trip to the beautiful hills of Wisconsin and I'm still cruising around with the windows down; our hair blowing in the autumn wind; our junker SUV filled to capacity with treasures.  And that's the beauty of buying things from a thrift store, garage sale, or goodwill- it's got a life of it's own and the ability to take you to a happy place just by being around it.

No comments:

Post a Comment