DARK CHOCOLATE GANACHE

http://oilandblue.blogspot.com/2016/02/dark-chocolate-ganache.html

Oh, ganache, you amazingly decadent creation, you.  Perfect combination of two of my favorite foods: chocolate and cream.  And also the reason that hostess cupcakes exist- a treat denied to me in my childhood because my parents worried about things like childhood diabetes and didn't enjoy the sugar-fueled destruction that followed the eating of excess sugar (the equivalent of a hair band's cocaine-fueled trashing of a hotel room, to give you an idea).  

Now that I'm an adult, I can buy my own and enjoy the roller coaster ride that is a massive spike in blood sugar that somehow crashes on my hips.  Someday I'll make my own, but until I have more self control, I'll stick to my once-a-month drug store checkout line impulse buys.  Ganache, you can do no wrong.  


It's really great to have an easy recipe like this filed away in your mind- it's so simple, but can elevate even a plain old cupcake to cult-love status.  Just two ingredients is all you need to make heavenly cakes, cupcakes, cheesecakes, and anything else that could be made better with a gooey chocolate shell.  Which is everything.

http://oilandblue.blogspot.com/2016/02/dark-chocolate-ganache.html



YOU WILL NEED:

½ c. heavy cream

½ c. dark chocolate, chopped (callebaut is the best, but you can also just use good chocolate chips, too)

In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the cream on High for one and one half minutes, then pour in chocolate chips.  Allow to sit for one minute to soften the chips, then whisk to combine.  Spread on top of finished crepe cake.  It’s okay if some spills over the sides.  Chill in refrigerator for one hour before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment